International Conference On Islamic Built Environment
December 20, 2011 in Kegiatan
BACKGROUND AND SCOPE
A term of built environment is well accepted in present educational system to include architecture, urban and regional planning, land and property management, building surveying, construction technology, landscape design, housing policy, transport planning and urban regeneration (Griffiths,R.,2004). It is such a range of practice-oriented subjects and a very heterogeneous collection of fields of study with wide opportunities for human interventions and speculations.
With this nature of the built environment, the word ‘Islamic’ is injected making it more vibrant and inviting debate among scholars. Thus, this conference is aiming at gathering views and opinions towards better understanding of the term “Islamic built environment” and eventually defining its scope and content.
This conference invites papers that contribute to a better understanding of the Islamic built environment. Topics include, but are not limited to the followings; all relate to Islam and the built environment.
- Quantity surveying
- Landscape architecture
- Heritage & conservation
- Law and jurisprudence
- Arts and designs
- Commercial area
- Park and recreation
- Land management
- Infrastructure & utilities
- Urban design
- Ethics and education
- Research and development
- Socio-economics building
- Sustainable development
Key objectives of the conference are:
- To provide a forum between practitioners and researchers and bridge the gap between theory and practice.
- To deliberate on the scope and content of the Islamic built environment to Muslims practitioners as well as to offer to non-Muslim an alternative.
- To compile the materials for publication purposes.
- Prof Dr Ismawi Hj Zen, (IIUM)
- Ir Bambang Pranggono, MBA (Unisba)
- Prof Dato’ Dr Alias Abdullah, (IIUM)
- Prof Sr Dr Khairuddin Abd Rashid (IIUM)
- Prof Dato’ Dr Mansor Ibrahim (IIUM)
- Dr Saraswati, Ir. MT (Unisba)
- Dr Hilwaty H, Ir. MURP (Unisba)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THE CONFERENCE?
- Educators in the built environment.
- Researchers in urban & regional planning, architecture, construction, engineering, finance, law, management etc.
- Company and project managers.
- Government officials
- Professionals and consultants from the built environment and urban planning
The official language of the conference is English.